DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After removing the engine cover to install the Vararam, It left a lot of open space in the engine bay and most noticeable to me was the wiring and valve cover area. I haven't seen any half covers on a 4th gen ram yet so I borrowed a friends 6.1L half covers and they just didn't fit and weren't large enough to cover everything. I then turned to 3gcustomz and put the phone call in for a blank set of valve covers, they said they weren't sure if it would work on the 4th gens but would on the 3rd gens. They came in today and I had to shave and modify parts and pieces to get them to fit.

here is what they look like out of the box:

Passenger side was hitting a thick bulk of wires towards the back by the firewall
all

What was about to be cut:

Installed

Driver's side was a major problem, The oil cap area was too large, and then the alternator was in the way, I forgot to take a before but u can see it in the first pic.
First test fit, alternator and oil cap housing were in the way

First piece I cut, had to end up trimming a little more due to the alternator and oil housing. *Note the hole at the bottom is so the oil dipstick wouldn't rattle against the half cover.

Installed:

3gcustomz has the best customer service and quality! They called me when i ordered to make sure i knew they were not sure if it fit. I told them I would see what I could do for them. I just now need to smooth all the rough edges and everything over, what color you guys think I should paint them?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bad! You going to paint them?
Yes I just did this to mock them up before paint. I took them back off, I'm back and forth with what color to paint them. I was thinking blue but that might be overkill on the blue under the hood, then I was thinking about color matching.

those look sweet... black wrinkle paint ???
Didn't even think about the black wrinkle paint.......hmmmm even more ideas!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could have had them cut out some designs but I just wanted it basic. I've got a mod soon that will make these very un-noticed so this is just to cover up wires and coil packs

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u got any pics of ur's installed?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks sir. my buddy is was going to do some kinda of airbrushing but he now is trying to talk me into doing a gray marbleizer on it and the vararam lid, it looks pretty cool and esp with light on it.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I dont think the blue would be over kill you saw all my red its not to much and whats this upcoming mod you speak of

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hopefully u'll see it in the next week or two. got to wait till it's put in!!!!! might be the ultimate teaser ever! Nothing major though, def. not a turbo or sc.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I actually sold some older mid 70's charger parts i still had laying aorund and did order the rails, they should be in sometime this coming week!

·
Registered
542 Posts
here you go, I have some stuff I want to move around so the we can see them better the drivers side you can barely see at all these pics were before finished weld still in mock up phase

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Those are some of the coolest covers I have seen and cut out they are even better. I would have them painted the same color as the truck. Wish I could put something like that on my 07. Awesome Mod!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Those are some of the coolest covers I have seen and cut out they are even better. I would have them painted the same color as the truck. Wish I could put something like that on my 07. Awesome Mod!
Thanks......I am going to powder coat them red, and the cut outs will be white to match my stripe, and you can have these my trucks an 07 its what they ere made for was the 3rd gen ram

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah u can get them! I got the 3rd gen.'s and cut them to make them work!

·
Registered
51 Posts
you have one bad ass truck... and that is a great idea to dress up the engine bay a bit... I think you should go with either the blue with white writing om it saying somthing like "5.7 hemi" or "mopar"... or black with blur or white writing would look pretty cool as well...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my buddy is going to marble-ze it. it will look like the factory grey but look like it has a marble texture. should be pretty cool!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts