DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first service at the dealer (free of course) and everything looked good after the first 3,200+ miles. (got the truck 2/23/13)

I went with the salesmans recommendation to bring it in for the first oil change at 3k. From now on I don't have to bring it in until EVIC tells me so; which they approximate to be around every 5k miles.

Boring thread I know but sometimes it's important to read about the majority of us - who are enjoying a nice new 2013 Ram and have (knock on wood) had no issues.:smileup:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Got my first service at the dealer (free of course) and everything looked good after the first 3,200+ miles. (got the truck 2/23/13)

I went with the salesmans recommendation to bring it in for the first oil change at 3k. From now on I don't have to bring it in until EVIC tells me so; which they approximate to be around every 5k miles.

Boring thread I know but sometimes it's important to read about the majority of us - who are enjoying a nice new 2013 Ram and have (knock on wood) had no issues.:smileup:
Hi great to hear, I am also looking forward to a trouble free truck .. continue to have fun.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Sometimes boring is good!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was going to take mine in today and get the oil changed at 1500 miles. I have a few free oil changes from the dealer and this is the first vehicle that I've gone this far on a new engine without changing the oil/filter. I'm sure it's overkill to do this but it makes me feel better. I'm also going to take a sample of the oil and have it analyzed so I will have a baseline to try to understand what the oil condition sensor deems oil needing to be changed. Anybody done any oil analysis?

I found this http://www.blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php and the kit is free. $25 is more than I remember it costing but that was over 11 years ago that I did it last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.