DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought an 01 1500 5.9 for $1,500 @ 181k mi. The truck has front end collision on the driver side, other then the light, turn signal and bumper the engine bay seems to be untouched. I just replaced the water pump and tstat. Was leaking on both ends, but now everything seems to be fine. Now I’m no mechanic whatsoever just more of DIYer. I’m a plumber/carpenter so I plan to stick to that b/c I had a ‘01 ls1 ws6 and well... my firebird, ironically, ended up going in flames. lol LITERALLY. Burnt my neighbors truck and the other neighbors car in my apartments. So to continue what I was saying is, any problems I should be running into soon? MIL light is on I have the codes will post them later. But I’m the kind of guy who likes to do preventive rather then corrective work. Also any advice on the body work? I’m not too worried about cosmetics at the moment more just making sure this car is 100% as it will be my daily work truck for hauling PVC, OSB, lumber, etc. Just looking for any kind of advice I’m a new RAM owner, and definitely proud! Thanks in advance. Will post pics soon.. and anything you need more info to give better advice please let me know! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Timing chain would have been easy with the water pump out of the way. The mileage is about right for a new chain and better gears. Transmission been adjusted lately? They're gonna need that about every 40-50 thousand at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts