DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you guys that's used both is one really better than the other? My truck is not a speed demon by no means and I am putting headers on it. but the 2.50" kit I found is almost a $100 more. So is an extra 1/4" in Dia worth the extra coin?

·
REVEL PERFORMANCE
9,569 Posts
For those of you guys that's used both is one really better than the other? My truck is not a speed demon by no means and I am putting headers on it. but the 2.50" kit I found is almost a $100 more. So is an extra 1/4" in Dia worth the extra coin?
Are you talking about the mufflers? or the headers? I will assume the Headers and not the mufflers as most headers the largest you can get for these trucks a 1 7/8"?

·
REVEL PERFORMANCE
9,569 Posts
If you are redoing the entire setup I would go with 2.25" if you are running 1 3/4 headers, if you are running 1 7/8 headers I would go with 2.5", If you have not already purchased your parts I would be more than happy to work up a quote for you, Do you have any particular parts in mind already? Of are you still deciding on which Manufactures to go with?

Thanks
Jeremiah

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I already have a set of 1 3/4"headers on the way. but just trying to figure out an exhaust system o replace the wore out straight pipes that's currently on there that's rusting out.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
either will be fine. You won't notice a difference. I'd go with the cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts