DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2-4 mcgaughs kit installed to my 09 ram crew cab. I have a couple of questions first off: I have 26 inch rim and my off set is 15 I wanna know what would be the perfect offset to have a tire flush with my fender. My tires right now sticks out about 1/4-1/2 inch outside of my fender. My second question is being that I went with a spindle front would this actually push out my wheels out pass the fender? Just to give you more info I got 26x10 Gianna blitz/ 305/30R26/ 15 offset! Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you did you bell tech front dropped did it come with new shocks/struts? My 26s have clearance but when I hit a big drip it'll come back up and rub I was wondering if changing my shocks would absorb the travel better? And cause less travel to avoid my 26s from rubbin the inside of my fender and the outside fender hitting my outside tires?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Yes the kit came with the Street Performance Shocks and springs. If your afraid of the wheels rubbing only switch out the springs and not the shocks at first. The truck won't sit as low and after the springs settle you'll be able to get a feel for how the truck is going to ride and sit, and if your comfortable with going a little lower you'll be able to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Mcgaughy's lowering spindles will push the front wheels out further. Here's a link to a pict. scroll half way down and you'll see it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
****I'm assuming you are at +15 offset, not -15****
I you are wanting to keep the same wheel style you will need one with a backspace of +20 to +25. Positive offset moves your wheels in towards the frame. If you are at +15 now, then going to +25 would give you a little less than 1/2" in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. Thinking about goin staggered for my front wheels. My rear tires sits pretty good and I love the ride of the spindle. I was contemplating on getting rid of my spindles and goin back to stock spindle with dropped springs but I think that'll be too much work and probably not that effective because my offset for my rims are wrong. Let me know what you guys think... Im thinking about getting that 25 offset for my front wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had spindles on my truck for a while but went back to springs and now have lower control arms.
The spindles pushed out my wheels but not by the same amount on each side. No idea why they were different. with springs or the arms the same wheels never had an issue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry about that. Funny it won't let me post the link. But I'll attach the picture. It's not mine. I captured it from the net.
that one isnt bad compared to how mine looked.
I wish I had taken pictures.
Funny thing is that McGaughys told me they never heard of anything like it before.
The drivers side was a little worse than that picture, passenger side you could see the first row of tread. my wheels were 22x9.5 with a 19mm offset.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
that one isnt bad compared to how mine looked.
I wish I had taken pictures.
Funny thing is that McGaughys told me they never heard of anything like it before.
The drivers side was a little worse than that picture, passenger side you could see the first row of tread. my wheels were 22x9.5 with a 19mm offset.
I don't get how they can say something like that when it seems that everyone who has used their product has had that issue

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the pic mines looks almost like that about a 1/4 inch further out. I don't get how the back end tires are flush with the fender and only the front sticks out imma go complain and see if I can get a refund lol thanks guys I appreciate it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here are my before/after pics of McGaughy spindles. The front track width is now 1.25" wider than the rear. Can anyone verify the front track width with stock 20's? (inside of wheel to inside of other wheel) I measure 59" rear and 61.25" front.

stock spindles, stock 20's...

McGaughys spindles, stock 20's...

I asked my GF to snap the before and after pics--She didn't get the exact same angle, but you can still see a difference.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
indeepwaterblue, do you have the belltech "axle issue" where it pushed your axle to the passenger side?
At first i didn't and was really happy about it, but now that the suspension has settled it shifted about 1/2 over which sucks. I plan on going to the 4 Wheel Parts store here in town and having them help me fix it. I've read other people fixing it by cutting tie rod ends and making them shorter, I'd rather not go that far so I'm going to see about getting a new bracket fabbed up for the panhard bar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts