DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just installed my body lift on my truck. And it looks awesome combined with Readylift SST lift. Any chance I could run 35x12.50-20's on stock wheels? Dose anyone here have the same lift combo on stock wheels? If so what tires are you running? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
the widest tire you'll be able to run is 11.85" unless you add a wheel spacer, with the extra 3" i might suggest doing 1/4" spacers than running the 295/65/20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, its 35 1/2" X 12 1/8" and looks real aggressive

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a 2.5" leveling kit along with a Zone 3" body lift and just 3 weeks ago was able to fit 37"x 12.50"-20" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my stock rims. I did not use any wheel spacers and have no tire rub anywhere so I would think the 35" Nitto's would fit for you.

Scooter51 do you have any pictures of your truck right now?

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is a nice looking setup you have there!

So it's a 2.5 leveling kit with the spacer in the front, plus a 3" body lift? So approx. 5 inches in the front?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks dhondo & BDG. To answer your question BDG my truck started out when I installed a Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit. I then added a Zone 3" body lift to it for a total of 5.5" of lift up front. I needed to get new tires so a few weeks ago I thought I'd see if the Nitto 37" Trail Grapplers would fit on it and was surprised when they did with no rubbing at all. Oh and I do have a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks on it but kept them at stock ride height setting and the overall ride feels great. Here it is at a different angle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I really like that look. I am really new to all of this, I didn't even know you could "stack" kits like that.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to get those done?

I see it's an 08, I wonder if there is much difference in the sizing between Gen's

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh yeah, I was also going to ask if you had any issues with vibration or wobble while in 4WD ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks dhondo & BDG. To answer your question BDG my truck started out when I installed a Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit. I then added a Zone 3" body lift to it for a total of 5.5" of lift up front. I needed to get new tires so a few weeks ago I thought I'd see if the Nitto 37" Trail Grapplers would fit on it and was surprised when they did with no rubbing at all. Oh and I do have a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks on it but kept them at stock ride height setting and the overall ride feels great. Here it is at a different angle.

Sweet looking truck. I just bought a 2012 2500, looking at putting the same tires on mine, do they ride well, what about noise level on highway? I was going to do a 6 inch lift with 37's, but that may be too big, so ive been looking at a 4.5 inch lift (ICON) and gonna run 35' w/22's.

That color is great too, great looking ride

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys sorry to answer back so late but I was busy at work.
BDG - I was able to "stack" lifts as one is working with the suspension (leveling kit) and the other is lifting the body off of the frame (body lift). I bought the leveling kit from Top Gun Customz for less than $100.00 and the body lift from Zone around $350.00 and did all of the installs myself. I have none of the vibration or wobble while in 4wd and never did and from what I have read this is sort of a miss or hit thing when using a 2.5" leveling kit.
CountyD - Thanks for the compliments. The color (Electric Blue Pearl) is what sold me on this truck to begin with. Now onto your question, I think these tires run fairly quiet but to be sure they do have a hum to them but I was expecting them to be a lot noisier. Ride wise I like the way they feel but I am running Bilstein 5100 shocks and I'm sure that helps out on the ride tremendously over the stock feel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts