DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input on who has a 2.5" level for 1500 4x4 dodge "of course"

What have yall put on your trucks, satisfied or not?

What is a good brand to go with?

Ive herd about the spacer that comresses shocks in front I defently dont want that, So who do i go with?

I was looking at the Ready Lift 2.5" that has A arm bumpers is this a good find? but it cost $200+

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use the Bilstein kit, as I know there are also many more on the forums that do, and I believe everyone is pretty satisfied.
It allows me to use my 35in mudtires while increasing ride comfort and that's all I really care about.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been reading till I am blind ..and from what I have read Bilstein 5100 series ride height adjustable shocks are the way to go. Here is a link if you want some particularts. http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/user_upload/user_upload_us/pdfs/Bil_LevShks_WebArticle.pdf

Those shocks look like a good deal. Might as well change the shocks while im under there. Ive heard with all these leveling kits that the shock can and will over extend and bottem out. but then your stuck with a bottemed out shock miles away from home that can eventually wear and tear something else up on your truck...thats no good.

Im just puzzled about the rear shocks they have to match???

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey bud. i got the rouh country 2.5 inch leveling kit on my 2012 looks amazing. comes with a spacer for front AND back. puts a great stance, really easy to install, 140 bucks delivered to my house, and after installing.. cant even tell a difference in ride or driving quality, ive off roaded em and used 4x4 everything works great. deff advise going with rough country

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the ready lift kit in my ram 1500 4x4. It was put in in January of 2008 and is still in. I still have the stock shocks and my ride is good. I haven't had any issues in 4 years and until recently I have run 35x13.50x20 mickey thompsons on it. The truck has over 70k on it and has been in the dirt all over the place from NJ/PA to Nebraska and now Florida where I changed my tires because I didn't like the MTs in the sandy conditions here. I would get a leveling kit based on what you are looking for out of it. Some may Look nicer, some easier to install, but I would get what's best for the performance you want on or off road.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i got an 09 ram 1500 with a daystar 2" leveling kit.. i paid 200 and got it installed for 150.. not too bad.. it allows max 35" tires.. i have 33"s on mine right now.. but ya man if u have any other questions or a picture let me know ill try and put some together for you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ive herd about the spacer that comresses shocks in front I defently dont want that, So who do i go with?
Spacers don't compress the shocks or springs, if they did you wouldn't get any lift. A spacer leaves the spring in the stock position but opens the shocks more than normal, this means your simply sitting closer to full up travel on your shocks....unless your rock crawling you will never notice a difference. The only advantage to the 5100 set up is more shock travel, otherwise it does the exact same thing as a spacer.

The worst thing about leveling these trucks is that your front shafts are now at an angle which will create more friction than normal, that will happen with spacers of lift shocks. Which ever way you decide to go make sure you get a quality alignment done after the install!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
They aren't the only quality level option but speaking from experience the Bilsteins are awesome. $200 for the fronts plus $150 for install plus $60 for the alignment. Thats really not much more than a spacer kit plus you get the benefit of fresh new shocks with the Bilsteins. The matching rear shocks are the same shock but in the stock configuration without the height adjustment feature. I set mine on my 2006 at 1.4" and to me it was perfect. They go as high as 2.1" on the third gens if you desire and I can assure you that will be plenty high enough if the rear is stock. Good luck!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I used roughcountry on my 2011 1500 was easy to install, and for 140, for level kit was good deal, truck was too low, now with LT 285/17s rides even better.

Do you have any pics? I also have a Rough Country kit and I'm shopping for tires right now. Having 17" wheels I don't see many pics of them. would like to see what the 258/17's look like!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you have any pics? I also have a Rough Country kit and I'm shopping for tires right now. Having 17" wheels I don't see many pics of them. would like to see what the 258/17's look like!

Here are some 285/70/17s with a 2.5 inch level

I plan on fitting 35 m/t on soon, i kinda regret a/t not agresive enough but thats just me

·
Registered
868 Posts
It looks a lot better than stock, thanks for the pic! I agree that something a little more aggressive would be even better.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
bilstein...lifetime warranty..nuff said

1 - 19 of 19 Posts