DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, like the title says I have two questions. I just bought my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab with 63k miles. (1 owner)

First one is an oil leak I have at the back of the passenger side cylinder head. It’s coming from the top of the head so I think it’s the valve cover gasket, but my question is, is there anything else back there that could leak oil at the top of the head? And is the valve cover gasket easy to do on this side?

Second question is, I have one (so far) broken exhaust manifold bolts on the passenger side, it is not broken inside the head so if I pulled the manifold I could pull the stud out easily, is this a common problem with these engines? If so which bolts are people replacing the manifold bolts with?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
It is probably the valve cover gasket and does not take that long to change. I think it was my '15 that had the same problem and the dealer fixed it for me free (most times Chrysler won't warranty small leaks).

The manifold bolts are a problem on these engines so if you do a search you will probably come up with the answers you are looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is probably the valve cover gasket and does not take that long to change. I think it was my '15 that had the same problem and the dealer fixed it for me free (most times Chrysler won't warranty small leaks).

The manifold bolts are a problem on these engines so if you do a search you will probably come up with the answers you are looking for.
I looked at it again at the valve cover and I didn’t see it by the valve cover it was higher up, towards the center of the engine, is there anything up there that could leak oil?

I wish i would of known about the manifolds before i bought the truck. I’m probably gonna have aftermarket headers installed with those ARP bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts