DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the first question. i have a 2012 4wd hemi
when i accelerate under full throttle sometimes i get a clicking sound somewhwere under the dash. any clues?

my other question is does anybody else notice after you come to a stop about a second or two later you feel a bump in the truck. almos tlike the suspension is setteling. best way to describe it.
just curious
thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok so heres the first question. i have a 2012 4wd hemi
when i accelerate under full throttle sometimes i get a clicking sound somewhwere under the dash. any clues?

my other question is does anybody else notice after you come to a stop about a second or two later you feel a bump in the truck. almos tlike the suspension is setteling. best way to describe it.
just curious
thanks
Dont know about the first question, but the second question is most likely because you have the 32 gal fuel tank. Apparently many people with the 32gal feel that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I sometimes feel a jolt after a few seconds when coming to a complete stop. I think it is something in the transmission shifting into first. I hear what sounds like my window cracking when driving that gets annoying.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont know about the first question, but the second question is most likely because you have the 32 gal fuel tank. Apparently many people with the 32gal feel that.
Thanks at least i know im not the only one. Maybe it has something to do with the fuel sloshing around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Sloshing Sound, Bump Felt Stopping at Slow Speeds
Discussion: Ram Trucks equipped with a 32 gallon fuel tank can experience a sloshing sound or a bump felt when stopping at slow speeds. This condition happens when the fuel tank is ¾ to 7/8 of a full tank. This is most noticeable when driving in stop and go traffic.
This can be confirmed by filling the tank completely (do not over fill tank) and then road testing again. This is normal operation and no parts should be replaced to correct this condition.

·
Registered
418 Posts
For the first question are you accelerating under full throttle from a stop and getting wheel spin? If you're just gunning it from the red light you could be feeling the traction control trying to brake the wheels to gain traction

2nd question is, as other people have already posted, the 32 gallon fuel tank bump

·
Registered
41 Posts
the bump your feeling is the hill start assist ... go to your evic controls and shut it off if you don't like the bump feeling ... I shut mine off but then turned it back on and now just realize that is how the system works!!

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
#1 is as Titanman says your traction control just starting to kick in if you watch your dash you will see your t/c light blink about 1/2 second after you hear the click start

1 - 8 of 8 Posts