DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good deal on some 2012 chrome 20" take offs. After putting them side by side the 20" rim is alot taller than my standard 17". Can the dealership program my speedo to read correctly? To install the tpms sensors it looks like I have to take the tire off. Is this correct? So much for just bolting up some new rims....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Swap the TPMS from you original wheels onto the new ones. The local tire place charged me $40 to do the job. The dealer wanted $425. No kidding.

The 20 that the factory specs is a whisker taller than the 17. Your speedo will read a mile per hour low or so.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
It's not a big deal. They can reset the computer, but it will probably be a good amount of money! What size are the two tires...I can tell you how much the speedo will be off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
speedo calibration can be done for the factory tire sizes.... I just had mine done since I took the 20" off my sport and put some 17" in their place.

·
Banned
972 Posts
17" tires are about 30-31" and 20" tires are about 33"

22" tires are about 32"(just for reference and extra info)

·
Registered
471 Posts
when i had my tacoma i was on a forum and they had a tire size calculator. you put in your current size and your new size and it would show sidewall diferences give all kinda measurements and tell the speed differences at every 5 or 10 mph. i can probably find the link if yall need it but i need to be sure i can post it here since its from another forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts