DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: been a member for a while, getting lots of useful info. Now I have an issue to work. My parked 2000 1500 Quad Cab was "rammed" (no pun) in the front passenger door, pretty much trashing it. I've pulled the door panel and pushed the door skin out best I could and was going to finish with dolly and hammer to do the body work, but found the bottom was pretty rusty and likely hard to weld on new pieces. Believe it or not, Dodge sells this door for ~$1000 !!! With no insurance money (hit-n-run), I'm looking for cheaper salvage yard replacements with no or less rust.

Q: are the front doors on a quad cab the same as the regular cab doors ? Seems like they would be, with the extended cab being the rear suicide door length, but it isn't clear. The crew cab being much longer in the rear seat would shorten the front door a bit ??

Wondering if anyone else has had to swap quad front door or knows the interchangeability? Has anyone successfully welded up these rusty bottoms with an LMC Truck repair panel.....I can MIG well enough (did my Chevelle rear fenders) but not looking for work to add.
Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Here's some more info for anyone else with this question:

i checked out www.shermanparts.com and www.autopartswarehouse.com, but they only list door shells for the "2 door regular cab". I also found www.moparone.com and they show more info & part numbers for door shells and outer skins. Note they only list "quad cab" specifically for the rear suicide doors, which makes sense as long as the front doors for the "4 doors" are the same for the quad cab and the crew or regular cab options.... Looking at pictures of the 3 different cab versions, I'm starting to think the quad cab front door is the same as the regular cab door, and only "added the 2 suicide doors to a stretched cab, while the crew cab adds a longer non-suicide door behind a shortened front door. I measured the length of my front quad doors at 52-1/2" and the trim molding line....can someone with a regular or crew cab of this generation Ram measure their doors and post ?
The search continues....here's some part number and cost info from www.moparone/.com:

Door Shells:
Quad/4 door cab:
55274971AD Rear Left; QUAD CAB
55274963AB, Outer door panel $198
55274970AD Rear Right, QUAD CAB
55274962AB, Outer door panel $198
55274979AG Front Left, 4 door $839
55274973 Front left outer door panel, 4 door $198
55274978AG Front Right, 4 door $665
55274972 Front right outer door panel, 4 door $198

Two door, regular cab
55023573AH Front left, 2 door $632
55023571 Front left door outer panel, 2 door $198
55023572AH Front right, 2 door ($725)
55023570 Front right door outer panel, 2 door $198

·
Premium Member
32,659 Posts
1994-2002 (old style) Dodge Ram - Standard & Club Cab
is different from
1998-2002 (old style) Dodge Ram - Quad Cab

according to this website
https://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_performance_dodge_truck_magnum_body_parts_&_exterior.htm#door components
you have to scroll down to just below the middle of the page

eBay has a few

http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-96-97-98-99-00-01-DODGE-RAM-1500-PICKUP-R-FRONT-DOOR-87904-/331919086106?fits=Make:Dodge|Model:Ram+2500

Try your local Craigslist too
Take a magnet with you if you find any

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for both replies....GTyankee's info confirms the PNs I found. I think part of my confusion was the assumption there was a "Crew Cab" option, which it doesn't seem like there was, at least not until 2002? From 98-01, there was the "Regular" (2 door) cab, the "Club Cab" (extended behind seat but still only 2 doors), and the "Quad Cab" (extended behind seat with suicide rear doors). From this, it seems the "4 door" description is for the quad cab......going out to the local LKQ pick-a-part today or tomorrow with tape measure in hand - will post back when I get something that fits. Haven't seen any "doors only" for sale on Craigslist that doesn't look worse than mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are different physically. I have the quad-cab (4-door) with have a sharp 90 degree corner at the bottom. The single cab, and I believe the two-door ext. cab doors, have a soft 90 degree curve.

I found this out when bought and went to install a single cab door to my quad cab. No bueno.

·
Premium Member
32,659 Posts
This won't help you, but for anyone that has
Generation 4 Dodge Ram or Ram, the front doors have the same dimensions
I measured a Regular cab, Quad Cab, Crew Cab & a Mega Cab, they were are the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts