DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay, i know everyone is just going to say use the search bar but it won't let me search HID because its only three letters. so the only thing i can search is headlights and i cant find any results from that. feel free to post a link if you know of a thread that will give me the answers i need

i have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 like stated above and i want to put HID's in it. do i just order the HID kit from a store and plug them in and go? because from what i've heard you can't really do that unless i want to blind everyone.

http://www.blindinghid.com/b2.php?bulb=9004&make=Dodge&model=Ram+Pickup&year=2000

i found these that are high and low beam. but like i said, i'm afraid to get them then blind everybody that i pass. so do i need to do a retrofit? see i don't know what to do outside buy the headlights lol

or do i get a kit like this? that has the projectors, bulbs, everything.but more pricey.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=141

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, I think I might can help with your problem. Are you wanting to get new headlight housings completely or just HID bulbs? And if it's just the bulbs you want high and low beam? Most of the kits are plug and play and low beam only. However where ever you choose to order them from should specify if they are plug and play. And you also might need a relay, I know on my 08 ram i had to have a relay. But those are no issue, they are plug and play too. They are super easy to install even with the relay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
most are all plug n play but go to ddm tuning hell of alot cheaper and lights are amazing. my buddies have them in their trucks and im ordering mine soon and i have them in my bike and no problems just gotta know your bulb type

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
^ i know a lot of people have had issues with ddm tuning but have never used them personally so I wouldn't know. just my understanding!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my thing is is i hear if you just throw the bulb in the housing and turn it on you will blind everyone. it doesnt matter if its high or low beam. but jlyons-- i dont think i want to spend the money on complete housings. i just want the hid bulbs. and as far as a relay.. don't you have to get a balast or something? idk if that is a relay or if its completely different. idk lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts