DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't matter where i am driving or for how long. Seems to be completely random when my '2000 ram 1500 V8 5.9 sport package' will die on me. Normally when it dies on me everything shuts off except the radio, lights, and dashboard icons. I have to turn off the truck and put it into park and more often than not it wont start right back up it will just crank but it wont turn over. I usually have to wait 4 or 5 traffic light cycles before it will finally start back up. Usually only for me drive 20 feet and die again. After the second time it usually is fine and wont happen again. Also I'm not sure if this matters, but one time when it died the check engine light came on and the odometer was saying "No Bus". It turned off once I started the truck and that has only happened once. Sometimes it also doesn't stall completely, the rpm's drop and it doesn't accelerate. It is just goes completely unresponsive. The engine is still running and the power steering still works it just goes unresponsive for maybe 5 to 10 seconds then it picks back up. It also is not giving off any codes when i have taken it in.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
To me, no codes means something like a fuel pump that's intermittently dropping out. It could also be a PCM issue, crank sensor or ignition pickup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts