DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2000 Ram V-6 with 331k miles. The trans has been revving up to shift lately so I parked it til I could run the code on it. I put a reader on it this morning and I get a P1756 - "Shift Solenoid B Performance" code. I've done a little research on this problem and the conclusion I'm coming to is to drop the trans pan & filter and replace the 'Governor Pressure Solenoid' and the 'Governor Pressure Sensor' that plug into the valve body...along with the filter and fluid (ATF+4).

Would you all concur with my findings? Or am I way off base? I'm gathering between the two trans parts and filter and fluid I should be just under $200. Any and all input would be great!

Thank you in advance!

Jason

E

·
0 Posts
No, I think you are right on but before you do this, have the dealer check for proper operation of your Transmission Control Module. It may save you some time and money.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Meaning, the TCU could be sending wrong info to the sensors?
Impressive 331 K !
Computer doesn't send info to the sensors . The computer receives info from the sensors . Might try and replace the governer pressure sensor and soleniod . While your in there you can see what the inside of the trans pan looks like . Any kind of debris ? That might give you an idea if something is coming apart .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
331,ooo miles aint too shabby, huh? My father-in-law and I use these trucks as pilot cars. We pilot wide loads when the permit calls for them. He has his own business and does it full time, and I help him out when he's got extra work and I'm not at my regular job. This V-6 was overhauled about 10k miles ago, so it runs pretty good, and we'd love to just fix the trans without putting much money into it and get another 50-60k out of her before we retire her and put my MegaCab to work as a pilot car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts