DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fighting some problems on my truck for a while now. When I got it I was getting a P0748 code and delayed shifting. I replaced the governor pressure solenoid and sensor, trans filter and 3-4 accumulator spring in the 46re. Code went away, but now my truck won't engage in drive. If I put the truck in first, then shift manually up to drive I'm able to drive it no problem until I come to a stop, where I have to repeat the process. It mostly feels like first won't engage, but 2-4 work no problem. Fluid levels are great and clean. Any idea as to what's going on? Should I change the solenoid and sensor again? Did I miss some other adjustment in the process?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The PCM shift's up from reading the speed of the vehicle and from the pressure sensor in the trans. I would hook it up to a scannner to see if it is seeing both of them. If so then it could be an issue with the shift solenoid or internal problem. Then you could do a pressure test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PCM shift's up from reading the speed of the vehicle and from the pressure sensor in the trans. I would hook it up to a scannner to see if it is seeing both of them. If so then it could be an issue with the shift solenoid or internal problem. Then you could do a pressure test.
I'll give it a shot and let you know what I find

1 - 5 of 5 Posts