DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 off road edition, and i was looking to lift it. ive looked at alot of lift kits but didnt really see anything i liked. i was looking to go like 6" atleast, 8' if the price is right. so i thought of building one my self, and i figured id better ask someone thats done this before for some helpfull advice and or tips, and maybe just a run down of all the parts ill be needing before i tear apart my truck and i thought this would be as good a place as any. ive never done anything this big before and i just wanna make sure i dont over look anything.
:smiley_thumbs_up:
thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool I like the idea of u tackling that issue ur self. but remember u and others will share the rd. U have to be confdent ur job is well done . I would recommend to leave the suspension up grade to some one who knows what they r doing with xperance ........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, i totally agree with you, but i do have some mechanical experience myself, ive just never done anything like this as far as suspension goes, so i was just hoping someone would bring thigs to my attention that i may have over looked or not even really thought of. but believe me, if i had the money, i would definatly give it to someone that does this stuff for a living.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts