DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is my build since i got the truck little over 6 months ago.
Picked up the truck at a auction for $2100 its a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.2 little rust decent paint ran perfected 120k miles. Im 17 so this be a slow build after i post everything up till now. My iPhone went though the washer so the camera its not that good and it gets worse later on in the pics.
this what she look liked then i first got it.

After that i painted my front bumper and grill black sanded and then primed using self etching then paint using auto black gloss paint.(before i knew about plastidip)
before paint

after paint

Tinted my windows 5% tint and put some smoked tint film off eBay on the headlights. you can see overspay in the fender wells from previous owner painted it.

More coming...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next i put 4 6in off-road lights on bumper thanks to double0ram for the idea.Just some cheap harbor freight ones.

Put some switches for the off-road lights/fog lights. i bought 2 of them carbon fiber on for regular white lights the two middle ones and amber for amber lights two out side ones.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Sweet truck man!

I know someone who has retrofitted projectors for you.
Thats if you are interested :smileup:

Actually he has a crap load of parts for you..... DoubleOram is his username ;)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
that truck looks pretty good! and like FastNUgly said, see Double0ram. after everything ive seen on his builds, he is a guru with lights!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then i wanted to get this off the ground but cant really afford it so went with cheap 2.5 in leveling kit to hold me over till i get some money for a 5in suspension lift. Also diped my gas lid... agian got the idea from double0ram.
Painted steering stabilizer and front and rear diff and springs red..
before

After

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little while later made a new light bar in my welding class. used a design off the newer ram light bars. had to drill some holes in the bumper right below the plastic cover. Bought some cheap light covers on eBay i think they match black and white.

Top view i put the wiring though the old hole in the bumper i might silicone around and them and paint over it to match.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
the truck is looking good already! i love the light bar

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 weeks ago i tint my 3rd brake light and my tail lights using vht night shade.
3 coats of vht and 4 coats of clear sanded and buffed/polished them with meguiars ultimate compound. the 3rd brake light cracked but the tails where good. Also dipped the rear bumper...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright saved a little money and bought a 3in body lift kit from performance assessories. had to do it on a school day since FedEx don't ship on Saturday so my hole weekend was messed up. Anyway got it Monday thanks to a half day i got home early and time i got home and started to loosen the body mounts FedEx pulled up so that was good. No bolt where stuck thank god so lifted the bed in 20 min. Didn't use the hose for the gas can filler it was so small so i just loosened the clamps and slide out a bit. so that done on to the cab got everything disconnected and moved and what not. Had to pry open the fender splash guards to get to the pivot arm that was pain. So lifted the cab put everything altogether tried starting nothing i was thinks **** what did i pull off or broke when lifting it. i forgot i had to lengthen the shifter rod took that off with was pain to get off in a small place with big hands. Had to wait for my neighbor with a mig welder to weld it in. I only got a cheap 110 stick welder so i didn't really want to use it. time he got home it was 8 pm and pitch dark got it welded and put back on and bang it ran prefect just got to adjust it a little. Didnt have time to put on the fornt bumper brackets. here a pic before the bumper risen.

next day i didnt buy rear bumper bracket so made on in welding put it on and the front one after i got home. Used my sister camera this time so good pics for once.

Time for some 35s now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey been busy since my last post but i did get some things done.
My friend does graphics and decals so i had him make me some. I got magnum v8 and a fox logo on the back window. Only have a pic of the hood decals.

That is all i got done so far i just ordered a carbon fiber gauge pod and bought 2 gauges. i got air/fuel ratio and the vacuum i will get another gauge but don't have money for it right now but it will be a transmission temp gauge.

I got a 454 big block Chevy from the guy that does the decals.The engine was in a his Chevy race car/drag for his wife but she blew it up so he gave it to me for free and now im turning it into a coffee table im all most done i still gotta to get casters and fab up a way to mount the pistons and then get the glass and i will be set. Here a pic of what i got so far. If u guys want to see more i will post the pics from when i got it to where i am now.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
logo looks good. and that is awesome! i cant wait to see the table when its complete

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
btw- where did you get that guage pod??? im looking at getting one for mine, but idk if i want to lose the handle getting into my truck lol

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
yea... ill probably (hopefully) be able to find one. there is someone on here posting one for sale that has one gauge and aslo still has the handle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts