DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to install a new set of doors, from a 2000, on my truck, which is a 2001. My drivers door is messed up and I found a guy that has both doors and they have power accessories.

As I would like to have the power accessories, I will just get both doors. However, I do not understand where the door harness plugs in. I was under the impression that Dodge left the empty plugs in the harness. I have looked for them around both kick panels and have found nothing.

Is there a smaller harness (similar to what goes to the overhead consoles) that runs from the interior fuse block to each door? Should I just assume that my truck is a "Friday" truck and they just left this small harness out of mine?

I tried to search for this, but have come up empty handed for info pertaining to the last years of the 2nd gen.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went back out for a deeper look. I pulled the wire harness boot off of the cab-side and found this connector. As you can see the connector has several wires going to the door and only two coming from the door, those being the standard speaker wires.

This would lead me to believe that Dodge did, in fact, run the power window/lock wires all the way through the loom. How many wire were used depended on the options the truck had (how many wires came from the door).

Could anyone confirm this?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts