DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radiator hose blew coolant, over engine, started misfire, dried off w/compressed air, dried out cylinders, plugs, coil packs etc, reassembled, starts fine, still has misfire that gets worse as a load/accleration applied. New battery, checked with multi meter, 12.7 V, alternator pumps battery to 13.5V, at idle, seems electrical has voltage. History -just bought Drove truck 1,000 miles, ran fine until coolant blowout. Has no CEL, no codes. Either the CEL been removed or??? Ive read ECM wont trip a code for spark plugs, wires. has 159,000 miles? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
My 4.7 in a 2002 Durango. It started a miss and stumble, but no codes. I changed plugs and it was fine after that. Your sounds like it could be a coil being after being soaked you picked up the miss. If it has wires yes those could be the culprit. My Durango was coil on plug if I remember rite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 4.7 in a 2002 Durango. It started a miss and stumble, but no codes. I changed plugs and it was fine after that.

Just went and looked, my engine has coil packs on plugs, so maybe plugs will work. Just have to figure how to test coil packs.
Thanks Much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts