DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2002 DODGE RAM 1500 4x4 SLT WITH 20" STOCKED RIMS AND ALL WEATHER TIRES.

I AM CURRENTLY GETTING 9.3 MPG.

I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO TO GET BETTER FUEL MILEAGE FOR MY TRUCK.

IM LOOKING TO PURCHASE SOME STUFF AND WANTED TO KNOW ANY FEEDBACK OR ANY EXPERIENCES OR IF IM MISSING ANYTHING OR ANY SUGGESTIONS.
1-EDGE EVO PROGRAMMER
2-COLD AIR INTAKE
3-FIBERGLASS TONNEAU COVER
4-DUAL MUFFLER PIPES
5-FITCH CATALYST
6- JET STREAM INTAKE

·
Registered
151 Posts
I get about 8 so not sure but I have shorty headers, 1.7 rr, magnaflow dumped exhaust, 305/55-20s on helo rims. My tonneau cover ways around 200 plus.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
what gears are you running? that has a lot to do with milage as well. I am getting closer to 18 MPG with 38X12.50x16.5 and 3. 75? gears I think

·
Registered
241 Posts
What mods do you have on the truck? Suspension, tire size, etc.

When was the last tuneup?

Have you checked your intake manifold plenum gasket condition?

Do you have a cat?

What are your other symptoms?

Those items you listed will not give you appreciable help. Avg mpg for these trucks in stock form with 3.55 gears is 12-16.

I HAVE A 2002 DODGE RAM 1500 4x4 SLT WITH 20" STOCKED RIMS AND ALL WEATHER TIRES.

I AM CURRENTLY GETTING 9.3 MPG.

I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO TO GET BETTER FUEL MILEAGE FOR MY TRUCK.

IM LOOKING TO PURCHASE SOME STUFF AND WANTED TO KNOW ANY FEEDBACK OR ANY EXPERIENCES OR IF IM MISSING ANYTHING OR ANY SUGGESTIONS.
1-EDGE EVO PROGRAMMER
2-COLD AIR INTAKE
3-FIBERGLASS TONNEAU COVER
4-DUAL MUFFLER PIPES
5-FITCH CATALYST
6- JET STREAM INTAKE

·
Registered
151 Posts
what gears are you running? that has a lot to do with milage as well. I am getting closer to 18 MPG with 38X12.50x16.5 and 3. 75? gears I think
My gears are stock, not sure which exactly. My truck came with 17s originally. I was thinking of moving up to 410s though.

18 and 38's thats AMAZING. I'm thinking of lifting my truck to fit 37 to 40's not sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I HAVE STOCKED 20"..
IM NEW TO THE DODGE FAMILY, IM NOT EALLY SUE WAT "intake manifold plenum gasket condition" IS OR "CAT"
AND ALSO WHAT IS stock form with 3.55 gears is 12-16.?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2002 Quad cab 4x4 with 201,XXXX miles k&n drop in filter fresh tune up gets a tree loving 9.8mpg. Stock everything except filter I'm looking into getting some different rims and tires and maybe a programmer to help with the fuel mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts