DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
what are the dimensions of the box? I want to figure out how much airspace you got. I did this exact thing for my 2008 F150 I use to have and my buddy did one for his 99 Ram 1500 at the same time. I am considering doing this again for my 06 ram or doing a custom box under my back seat for 2 12" subs now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks Victor, I am trying to decide to stay simple like that and use an Alpine Type R again or go big and use one of my Diamond Audio TDX12D2 subs and make it pound. That box size is perfect for a 10" alpine type r ported. Ive used that airspace in many applications with those subs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm currently running a 12" Type R in it with a old Kicker KX1200.1 pushing it and am pretty happy with it. I am drawing up a new one though that will be built to better suit the Type R vs. the cheap Pioneer I made this box originally for. It will also be ported and carpeted better to match the interior better.

Victor

Do you use computer software for your design? I use an oldy but a goody, NAME Pro Box 5.0. It's been around for years. It's always done me right. Although two boxes I built I had some cancellation issues. One was the box I built for my '08 F150. Sounded good, but seemed mild until you opened a door and wow it pounded. Same thing with a box I built for a Dodge ram extended cab. Same sub, same box size and tuning. Same issue. I guess these two trucks didn't like the frequency I tuned the box too.

I used the same subs in a regular cab dodge ram, same 1.3 cu.ft. and same 32hz tune and WOW it was amazing. Guess Maybe I should try staying away from 32hz on my new 06 ram. Any experience with cancellation on these newer dodge quad cabs?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, I removed my center seat today and found out my airbag control module is mounted under it. Do you know if anyone else had this issue and had any issues relocating the module?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, the box is almost done.. its getting vinyl on it today.

Kerfing didn't work too well for me so I used Hardboard and water and layered it to get my curve.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good. Make sure to post some pictures after its all done before installation and after.

Victor
Thanks. I thought it was going to be done last night. But when I got to my moms house I found out she cut the back wrong. I was going to fold the back over to the sides so the seats hide the seams. But she cut it too short. So now I'm trying to figure out the best way to finish the back.

Hopefully I'll get it done tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.