DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a ported1.25 cubic ft box tuned to 30hz. I have a Skar vvw10 sub in it. It's
Powered by a JL Audio 500/1. It fills the space between the seats & runs from the
Point where the seats are at all the way back to the cup holder. It hits real hard & deep.
I have Exodus Audio Anarchy 6.5 mids & Morel M 12 tweeters in the doors. A USAmp Merlin 42 drives them. I have a Alpine 9887 hu. I use the crossover in it to run my 3 way active system
It's very loud for a single 10 sub but the Anarchy mids get very loud too. They move 12 cm one way. They weigh 8.5 lbs each. Great mids for the price. The M12 tweeters work great with them

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just finished changing my front stage speakers. I used Tymphany H25TGD5-04 1 inch titanium tweeters with wave guide & SoundQubed QP-MR6.5 Mids. They sound fantastic. They are louder than any 6.5s I ever owned & stay clean to unbelievable levels. The tweeters fit in with them very well. I need to add another sub to go with the output they have. I Used the 8 ohm drivers I had in the truck to build a pair of 2 way speakers for the surround sound system in my shop. I have 4 with this pair of drivers my center front & rear speakers are a pair of Pioneer 6x8 three way speakers 2 in each box running at 8 ohms My amp needs 8 ohm drivers. I have 1/10 inch MTX jackhammer subs driven bu a earthquake 300 it makes them pound My shop system is loud as hell & very clean. It fills my 30x40 shop with plenty of music. My truck is much louder with the new drivers. They are 4 ohm which lets my amp put out twice as much power than the 8 ohm drivers did. 90x4 is plenty for these speakers. THe 6.5s are rated 100 RMS continuous 200 Peak & the tweeters 150 RMS The 6.5s go to a much higher level 100hv to 10khx than the old drivers making them work better with my tweeters. I may build a ported box for 2 /10s & use 2 SoundQubed HDS10s in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.