DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I've got an 02 Ram with a 5.9 in it. This past spring I had a tranny (46re) that self destructed on me, now I'm looking for a suitable replacement. I'm looking at a couple of parts vehicles that should have the same tranny in them. I have been told that even though it may have a 46re it has to come from the same year vehicle or it won't work. Does anybody know if there is a range of years that the tranny will work in my truck?
Any help would be wildly appreciated
Chris

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey folks, I've got an 02 Ram with a 5.9 in it. This past spring I had a tranny (46re) that self destructed on me, now I'm looking for a suitable replacement. I'm looking at a couple of parts vehicles that should have the same tranny in them. I have been told that even though it may have a 46re it has to come from the same year vehicle or it won't work. Does anybody know if there is a range of years that the tranny will work in my truck?
Any help would be wildly appreciated
Chris
A 46RE is a 46RE. The differences within the 46RE are things likes lockup or no lockup, and the vehicle application because the bell housing mount is different on the diesel then the gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts