DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

im at my wits end here in england UK with the P0305 code on my 2002 Ram 4.7, with 125,000 miles. I run "Dual Fuel" here (LPG gas/ propane ) which has seperate injectors into the inlet manifold and ecu etc, its only really down to cost as Regular unleaded is around $9.00 a gallon and LPG is half the price.

About a month ago i started to get intermittant P0305 codes, they have got steadilly more common and now when the engine is cold you can even feel it misfiring, although its better when its hot and if i clear the code i can drive all day without it coming back, when i switch to LPG its even worse, especially when cold, this could be as LPG is a dryer fuel and will enhance any misfire problems, it cant be the injector as LPG and Regular gas use different injectors, i have also changed all the Coil packs and spark plugs which has not helped, i did do a quick compression test on 1,3,5 and they were all around 6.9 BAR ( 97psi)-7.5 BAR (107psi) this seems a bit on the low side to me, what do i need to do next aprt from ripping the engine out and throwing it in the Bin !

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have now checked everything and had a leakdown test done and its pointing towards valves, as the air pressure was coming a little out of the inlet and more out of the Exhaust, i have been offered a 2001 or 2004 Jeep 4.7V8 engine, will either of these fit a dodge ram

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know the 2004 jeep cherokee 4.7 is the exact same motor as the 3rd gen 4.7. it should be a direct fit. The 01 should be the same aswell but i know the 04 is exact

1 - 4 of 4 Posts