DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the story from the beginning .About Two years ago I bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab from a friend . As I was driving it home it lost oil pressure , so I pulled it over , shut it down , waited five minutes and started it back up. The oil pressure was normal for another 5 to 10 miles then dropped to ZERO again and started a major headache. It could not be trusted. So I put it in the yard and started searching for a motor. I didn't know exactly what kind of motor I was searching for , but I knew I didn't want to put another 4.7 back in it..
I had a nice race car behind the house that caught the attention of a man who had a wrecked 04' Rumble Bee he was about to take to the crusher..
He stopped by and we traded his motor and trans. out of the Rumble Bee for the race car I payed $400. for three weeks earlier..
I put the 5.7 Liter Hemi in the Dakota Quad Cab.That build thread is on *************** "HemiDak-Quad" I also have a burn out on Youtube.com. Hemi powered Dakota.
It took Almost a year to build this truck the way I wanted it..Three months after I put my Dakota on the road , an IDIOT pulled out in front of me at the start of a drizzly rain when the road became as slick as ICE. It totaled my efforts three states away..As seeing my Dak. made me sick on a daily basis I searched for another truck~Car~or something to put my Hemi motor in. Finally came across this..2002 4.7 powered Four door Ram..
So here we go again this is where a Ram with a blown 4.7 get's a 2004 Rumble Bee motor and 545rfe transmission. If I can get my pics to post on this sight , I will. If not maybe I can get someone to post them for me..
BTW , My Dakota build thread has a LOT of info like ECM ~ TCM Pin~Outs, and other info someone might find useful...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
That was a nice dakota u had there! can't wait for pics and updates!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the story from the beginning .About Two years ago I bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab from a friend . As I was driving it home it lost oil pressure , so I pulled it over , shut it down , waited five minutes and started it back up. The oil pressure was normal for another 5 to 10 miles then dropped to ZERO again and started a major headache. It could not be trusted. So I put it in the yard and started searching for a motor. I didn't know exactly what kind of motor I was searching for , but I knew I didn't want to put another 4.7 back in it..
I had a nice race car behind the house that caught the attention of a man who had a wrecked 04' Rumble Bee he was about to take to the crusher..
He stopped by and we traded his motor and trans. out of the Rumble Bee for the race car I payed $400. for three weeks earlier..
I put the 5.7 Liter Hemi in the Dakota Quad Cab.That build thread is on *************** "HemiDak-Quad" I also have a burn out on Youtube.com. Hemi powered Dakota.
It took Almost a year to build this truck the way I wanted it..Three months after I put my Dakota on the road , an IDIOT pulled out in front of me at the start of a drizzly rain when the road became as slick as ICE. It totaled my efforts three states away..As seeing my Dak. made me sick on a daily basis I searched for another truck~Car~or something to put my Hemi motor in. Finally came across this..2002 4.7 powered Four door Ram..
So here we go again this is where a Ram with a blown 4.7 get's a 2004 Rumble Bee motor and 545rfe transmission. If I can get my pics to post on this sight , I will. If not maybe I can get someone to post them for me..
BTW , My Dakota build thread has a LOT of info like ECM ~ TCM Pin~Outs, and other info someone might find useful...
After the accident ..
Pulling the motor from the Dakota For the Ram.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Z. That's a very interesting story, cool to see a mod like that work out. Too bad about the accident tho. This forum has alot of very helpful members willing to help out. Thanks for posting all those pics, worthy of some rep points. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting the Hemi out of the Dak. was more of a pain than getting it in. I broke two coils and busted the valve cover..
Click on pics to enlarge..
Next was the wiring , I had some experience with this part from building the Dakota .. I upgraded by using a 04' ECM and eliminating the TCM when I built the ram..

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Click on pics to enlarge..
Next was the wiring , I had some experience with this part from building the Dakota .. I upgraded by using a 04' ECM and eliminating the TCM when I built the ram..
This project is all but done. I have to add a front left wheel speed sensor , freon the A/C and figure out why my interior light don't work to be finished..

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Welcome to the Z! Nice to have you with us!

Going to keep an eye on this project!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome , I hope everyone interested in Hemi swaps and Rams enjoys this thread..I can't say the project was FUN , but I do enjoy driving it and I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment .. Maybe it will influence someone out here that has wondered how he can put a Hemi in his truck to do it...
Next was the Motor install..I had to make my own motor mount perches and cut the perches off the frame..I used the Motor mounts off the 4.7 by bolting a piece of steel on the motor then I bolted the Mount to the steel plate..

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome , I hope everyone interested in Hemi swaps and Rams enjoys this thread..I can't say the project was FUN , but I do enjoy driving it and I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment .. Maybe it will influence someone out here that has wondered how he can put a Hemi in his truck to do it...
Next was the Motor install..I had to make my own motor mount perches and cut the perches off the frame..I used the Motor mounts off the 4.7 by bolting a piece of steel on the motor then I bolted the Mount to the steel plate..
Next was the exhaust and final touches like hoses 02 sensors EVAP PURGE , Etc...I'll get the rest of the pics on here as soon as I can . Now it says my memory is full ...

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Wow, sure sucks to see the Dak after the wreck, I know that had to hurt your heart but I think it's awesome you were able to salvage the motor/trans and breathe life into another truck, really enjoying the pics! You should do a thread on this in the complete builds section found here: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230 with pics and write ups, I'm sure others here will find it very useful! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Wow, sure sucks to see the Dak after the wreck, I know that had to hurt your heart but I think it's awesome you were able to salvage the motor/trans and breathe life into another truck, really enjoying the pics! You should do a thread on this in the complete builds section found here: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230 with pics and write ups, I'm sure others here will find it very useful! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun
Thanks Kajun~
That might be a good Idea.. Long before I put my Hemi in the Dak. I read a LOT of different threads , and saw so many posts, and they were all the same.. Has anyone put a Hemi in a non Hemi Vehicle ? So now I try to help people do it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The manage attachment section said that my memory is full..I'll keep posting pics until it won't let me , or I run out..

Attachments

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts
Unfortunately, the space here is kind of limited. Best way to do it is to sign up for a free account with a site like Photobucket, upload your pics there and then just copy/paste the IMG code into your posts. :)

- Cajun

1 - 20 of 25 Posts