DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi, Quad Cab, with Magnaflow exhaust to the rear and after market intake (forgot what one), shorty wires. I'm looking to get a little more life out of my old boy, I decided to swap out the cam for a Comp Cams 260H-13. I read a good article on the Truckin web site about the same swap with good results.

Are there any other mods that need to be done or is recommended to get the best performance from the swap? Like injectors, 06+ coil conversion, rods, springs, or is it fine to just do the cam swap with all the other stock parts?

To anybody that has done this cam swap, how do you like it, was it worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
^^^^^^Good advice.

Search Youtube for some cammed dyno vids. Based on the numbers I have seen, the third gen Hemis respond very well to a cam upgrade. I think it would be well worth it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I ran the 260 on my 2003.
Great cam,power increase right from idle up.
With no tuning for the 03s its probably the best cam out there.
Ran great with no tuning,except it needed a bit of fuel pulled at idle.

If you have any questions give me a shout.
I have dyno results also for that cam.
Yes run better springs.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
cats had one of the quicker Rams back in the day..I would listen to him^^^^, i know i have over the years..

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yes run better springs.
I have a stock 2003 dodge ram 2500 thunderroad package i am considering the 260 cam along with 6.1 springs however i have read that it wont work due to the 2003 pcm another post online says to swap to a 2005 pcm do i have to or can i use the stock 2003 pcm is idle the only issue

·
Banned
516 Posts
A 260 will work in the 03 PCM if you have at least a canned tuner like Superchips using the 91 octane tune. You would of course gain more doing the PCM swap with a custom tune but you don't need to if you're not going any further than a 260. You'll need 16 6.1 exhaust springs to replace all of your springs and a full set (both intake and exhaust) of 6.1 pushrods. I have a 5000 mile used 260 if you're interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A 260 will work in the 03 PCM if you have at least a canned tuner like Superchips using the 91 octane tune. You would of course gain more doing the PCM swap with a custom tune but you don't need to if you're not going any further than a 260. You'll need 16 6.1 exhaust springs to replace all of your springs and a full set (both intake and exhaust) of 6.1 pushrods. I have a 5000 mile used 260 if you're interested.
Hmmm is this still available and cost?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yes run better springs.
So should I change from my 03 pcm to 05 pcm so I can do cam and tune and other stuff

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yes run better springs.
Hey man so yiu dident have it tuned or nothing you just put came in and it started up and ran good can I see dyno numbers bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts