DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents and Ladies, I have been lurking on this forum for years with few posts. Great place with good info.

After doing some searching, I still can not find any info similar to my truck's problem.

My 03 Ram 1500 with 67K miles will stutter and stumble at low RPMs when the engine is mostly cold, doesn't seem to do it when fully warmed up.

So far, I have removed and completely cleaned the throttle body, new air filter, and a full 16 plug spark plug replacement. I used the OEM Champion Coppers. (That's a pain of a job!) No changes, it still stutters and hesitates when cold.

I have no codes except for the one I have had for years: EVAP leak, very small air leak at the seal around the fuel pump.

So what's my next move? EGR valve? O2 sensors? Fuel filter? (Not sure where the ram fuel filter even is)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Hello Gents and Ladies, I have been lurking on this forum for years with few posts. Great place with good info.

After doing some searching, I still can not find any info similar to my truck's problem.

My 03 Ram 1500 with 67K miles will stutter and stumble at low RPMs when the engine is mostly cold, doesn't seem to do it when fully warmed up.

So far, I have removed and completely cleaned the throttle body, new air filter, and a full 16 plug spark plug replacement. I used the OEM Champion Coppers. (That's a pain of a job!) No changes, it still stutters and hesitates when cold.

I have no codes except for the one I have had for years: EVAP leak, very small air leak at the seal around the fuel pump.

So what's my next move? EGR valve? O2 sensors? Fuel filter? (Not sure where the ram fuel filter even is)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike
You don't have EGR lol
If it was an O2 sensor it'd most likely throw a code.
Fuel filter is in the tank.
Did you still have the wires with the coils?

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
It almost sounds like you have a small vacuum leak when it's cold that seals up once it warms up. Do you let it warm up when you first start it or do crank up and go?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't do a ton of warming up. Today it ran great for a few errands. Later after it cooled it acted up again for a few seconds.

I did the battery disconnect for two hours to reset the module guys are talking about, didn't help. I'm thinking about changing out the two O2 sensors, but I have no O2 codes so that might be a waste of effort.

Also running Sea Foam in fuel tank.

Frustrating.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's common for bad 02 sensors to cause a rich mix , hesitation and shutters but should see a P0420 code.
I've had a bad map sensor cause the same behavior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts