DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue that sometimes when I start my truck I will have a very rough idle and skipping. You can shut the engine off and try again eventually the truck will start and run fine. Once this happens the truck runs great. The issue is intermittent and will not do it on every start up. I have replaced the fuel pump, plugs. wires. cleaned the throttle body, cam position sensor, crank position sensor and oil pressure sensor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, the only other thing I can think of is maybe an electrical issue in the PCM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having an issue that sometimes when I start my truck I will have a very rough idle and skipping. You can shut the engine off and try again eventually the truck will start and run fine. Once this happens the truck runs great. The issue is intermittent and will not do it on every start up. I have replaced the fuel pump, plugs. wires. cleaned the throttle body, cam position sensor, crank position sensor and oil pressure sensor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, the only other thing I can think of is maybe an electrical issue in the PCM.
Does the red lightning bolt flash in the lower right hand corner of your dash when its idling rough?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts