DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
here is the problem i have been having. I have driven my truck for over 75k with no problems then one day BAMM the trans shifted harder than my drag car. check engine light came on and the truck would not shift but 2nd and 3rd gear park, reverse and netural work also. took it to the dealership they said i needed a trans. I got a new rebuilt trans got it put in and it worked fine for about 100 miles then BAMM same problem last time the only code was p0700 this time it shows a p0700, and p0876. i can not afford to have to put in another trans Please HELP on this problem........:att::4-dontknow:

·
Registered
796 Posts
P0700 means there are codes stored in the TCM.

The P0876 is just saying you are in limp mode.

I hope you have a warranty for the rebuilt transmission.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
P0876 is a UD Pressure Switch Rationality fault. In many cases, this is caused by a WIRING problem (broken wire or bad connection) rather than any defect inside the trans. So I suspect your trans replacement may have been unnecessary.

I call the dealer and ask them if it had a P0876 fault when you brought it in before. If so, tell them it's still not fixed, and have them check the wiring for the UD pressure switch sense circuit.

By the way, P0700 is simply a flag, that tells you there is some other trans fault set (like a P0876).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts