DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 ram with the 5.7 and I found a good deal on a 2005 motor and PCM and would like to know if anyone has suggestions on things I need to do the swap. I want the 05 PCM for the wider range of tuning and want the motor to build out of the truck. Thanks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I know this may a bit intrusive but what's a good deal? Is this a wrecked ram or just the motor? Also what are your plans for this truck? There are a ton of mods you can do to this motor while it is out of the truck to make its BADA$$ trust me on that!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this may a bit intrusive but what's a good deal? Is this a wrecked ram or just the motor? Also what are your plans for this truck? There are a ton of mods you can do to this motor while it is out of the truck to make its BADA$$ trust me on that!
Well I can get the motor with all accessories and PCM for 800$ the truck was sent to a body shop and never picked up or payed for so now the shop is parting or selling as a whole truck. I would like to do as much as I can with the motor out and any suggestions would be great. I wanted to get an extra and build that so I always have a spare. I would like to make the build a daily driver but with weekend drag strips in mind. I want power. Lol

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
It's been done a few times now. Once I actually have the time (don't need the daily driver for awhile) I am going to attempt it. A guy on one of the other forums completely converted from an 02-03 4.7 to a complete 03 5.7, then figured out he wasn't happy with that and converted again to 05 setup. I've beeb trying to convince him to build me a conversion harness, as I already have a PCM and main harness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been done a few times now. Once I actually have the time (don't need the daily driver for awhile) I am going to attempt it. A guy on one of the other forums completely converted from an 02-03 4.7 to a complete 03 5.7, then figured out he wasn't happy with that and converted again to 05 setup. I've beeb trying to convince him to build me a conversion harness, as I already have a PCM and main harness.
Yeah That is some info I need. I can get the harness and motor just need help customizing the new 05 PCM to fit the 03

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
no matter how hard it is to do..it is well worth just because you can mod more and custom tune better then any year out there..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.