DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new too this forum but I'm in need of some help... About a month ago I was on the highway an had too pass a slow car so I had too gun it.. Not to long after that I arrived at my destination, when I tried too start the truck up to leave I got a rough shaking high idle then it shut off..... A couple months later (now) after the truck was towed home my Machanic that rebuild the engine told me to check the timing tensioners because we never replaced them.. After carefully googling an reading my Haynes owner manual I took everything apart I was suppose to to get too the tensioners... Once I finally dissected Betsy (My Truck) I noticed a tensioner that was defected (Movement Back an Forth) so I replaced it... After putting her back together I forgot too set the timing so I moved the Crank Damper too Tdc not really noticing if one of the chains was of a tooth or two..... Another thing I replaced spark plugs an cyl7 coil pack... Is there anything that I can be missing please help me out anyone. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't understand what you are trying to ask. seems like you are saying the timing is off a tooth or two. Are you asking how to set the timing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies Simple Guy yes I was wondering if I can adjust the passenger sprocket somehow without taking off the timing chain cover.... It's only off by a tooth or two...

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
My apologies Simple Guy yes I was wondering if I can adjust the passenger sprocket somehow without taking off the timing chain cover.... It's only off by a tooth or two...
I believe you can by shoving a wedge in to the hole for the timing chain. Jam it in there good. It won't be easy, and you may have to take a couple shots at it, but it is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts