DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1500 with the 4.7 magnum. My cruise control will illuminate the light on the dash. When I press set, nothing happens. Sometimes, if I press accel the rpms will go up, but the cruise control will not hold. If I turn off the cruise at speeds over 25 mph, it will not turn back on. To activate the light on the dash, I would have to turn off the truck and start it again. My speed sensor on the transmission is new. My servo holds vacuum. My hoses are all good too. I am at a loss here.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Do you have a scan tool? If so, you can check to see if the computer is recognizing the request for CC. If you don't have a scan tool, it sounds like you've already checked everything that you check. I'm thinking it's computer or switch related.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Ask around at your local parts stores first. They may have the right scan too and they won't charge you a bill to hook up to it.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
My old 04 had a similar problem. I had my mechanic run the pcm, it had many stored codes dealing with the CC. Stupid ones, like holding the CC button for more than 1 sec or something goofy like that. At any rate, he cleared them out and everything was good as new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.