DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some headers for my 2004 1500 Hemi and everyone says that the gaskets that are included are crap. I have received the headers now and see that yes indeed they are thin rubber like crap. I went and bought some OEM manifold gaskets as everyone says the are the best. The problem is the OEM gaskets have square holes. Is this going to be a problem? Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You will see that when you remove the exhuast manifolds that the heads also have square holes, what brand of headers did you buy and I am assuming that they too have the round holes?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know the heads have square holes. The headers are round and are made to fit over the square heads so they don't restrict flow. They are BBKs part number 40090.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I didnt mean that to come out like i was trying to talk down to you man, i just know some people wouldnt know that! Also if that is how the header flanges are made check the gasket to the flanges and see if the headers are big enough to fit around the square hole. if so you will be fine to run them, it wont be optimal HP but they will be just fine!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I may have come off a little sarcastic. Didn't mean to sorry. So I just got home and was able to put the OEM gasket up to the header and it looks like it should work better than I thought. I tried to upload a picture but apparently the picture I took with my iphone to too large of the file haha.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
No problems brotha! I know with my OBX LTs the ports didnt exactly line up to the gaskets the werent a circle but they werent quite a square either. She still runs great, as long as its bigger than the sqaure port your fine, unless youare trying to gain every little single bit out of it possible i doubt you will ever see the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts