DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
More than a few. Question is, how much of the engine are you trying to swap? The whole long block? Completely dressed engine? Just the short block? The easiest is just the short block. Use your front timing cover, oil pan, accessory drive, heads and intake manifold along with your cam of choice. Long block is where you start to run into problems. You'll need your oil pan, front cover, etc, but you will have port mismatch issues with both your intake and exhaust manifolds. You can't use the 6.1 intake manifold without the adapter bracket to move your AC compressor and alternator out of the way (also need a TB harness extension) in addition to converting to an electric fan and ditching the clutch fan. A few have gone full tilt and completely reconfigured their accessory drive to use the LX version in their Ram. This will move everything to a different spot and require custom hoses, etc. So what is your plan here and we can go from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The short answer is yes you can. Ive put 6.1 head and intake on my 5.7 but basically the same thing is involved. Honestly the hardest part is find the custom serpentine belt, making the brackets and clearancing the timing cover. Btw I just installed all this tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The short answer is yes you can. Ive put 6.1 head and intake on my 5.7 but basically the same thing is involved. Honestly the hardest part is find the custom serpentine belt, making the brackets and clearancing the timing cover. Btw I just installed all this tonight
Did you build the brackets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts