DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. this is my first post so if its not right i apologize. I am having some issues with my truck so thought would try here first. my truck is making a really bad squeak every time i turn or go over a bump. if i bounce on the drivers side step it also makes it squeak. i was thinking it was the bottom ball joint but there is no play in this or any of the bottom arm bushes really. there is slight play in the ball joints on the steering rack and a small amount of movement in the steering rack itself. the noise is driving me crazy does any one have any advice. please anything thing would be appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This sounds like the same situation my truck went through and my front/left shock and both lower ball joints were messed up.

You mentioned that you have checked your ball joints, but what your explaining sounds like bad shocks. Don't forget you have upper ball joints as well, and your lower control arms are mounted to your frame and rotating in like a round peg through a square hole kind of setup.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check rubber boots to be sure they contain grease. Any crack will cause grease to exit and then cause squeaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts