DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 1500 2wd that was missed by recall on the rear end problem these trucks have. what I need to know is what year rear ends will fit this truck Its a SLT 4 door short bed with the 5.7 hemi it has 3.55s in it but I know a 3.92 will work also. Am I limited to only 02 to 04 trucks for a replacement? and where would you suggest I look to get a good replacement at a fair price. Thanks everyone...

·
Banned
516 Posts
Any 02 to 08 1500 9¼ rear, though you'll want to stick to the older ones (like 02-05), if memory serves, coinciding with the change to CAN bus they changed the location of the speed sensor in the later rears.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any 02 to 08 1500 9¼ rear, though you'll want to stick to the older ones (like 02-05), if memory serves, coinciding with the change to CAN bus they changed the location of the speed sensor in the later rears.

Thank you, Do you know how much of a problem it is to change the speed sensor? I have found several 08 rears for much less than the older more mileage 04s

·
Banned
516 Posts
Thank you, Do you know how much of a problem it is to change the speed sensor? I have found several 08 rears for much less than the older more mileage 04s
Not personally. Are you able to look at them in person? You might get an idea seeing it up close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts