DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have been looking for someone who has done work on the front differential. I have a leak on the passanger side at the joint to the differential, not by the tire. I have taken the rear apart on several trucks, but never the front. I am getting a vibration at speeds of 40 or above so I am betting that the bearings have gone as well. If anyone could point me in the direction of a video or webpage that kind of walks you through the process that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Been a while since I rebuilt mine. Not that terrible of a job really. Can't help you in terms of finding step by step instructions, however if you've had a rear diff apart before front is fairly identical once you get past the cv joints. To remove the cv joints just pop you tie rod off and ball joint off the knuckle and that will give you enough movement to pop it off. IIRC they just use a c-clip like a normal rear diff. Biggest pain i had was torquing the pinion nut after, just because of the smooth flange with nothing really to hold on to and toque is something like 400-450(?) Try and get specs for the differential. Really not a huge job with some proper tools. Good luck. I'll keep watching this thread if you have questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.