DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , My name is Dave , I drive a 04 ram 4.7 4x4 quad c.
recentlyi discoverd slipage in my trans and it would not down shift at stops so i would get third gear take offs , i thought it was a power issue ,
rebuilt the trans , replaced the solenoid pack twice , finaly figure out through a TSB that its the ecm , go get another ( used ) from a jeep no less program that for 4 x4 and all that stuff , now the air bags or abs wont take my vin number , HELP , anybody ever been down this road , ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pcm trans issue on 04 ram

I narrowed it down to two things , first being I was ordering the wrong PCM part number , and not the updated number with sftware update , the first pcm i got from a yard was out of a jeep , can be programmed with some know how and exspensive scan tools , orderd the right PCM , soon i hope ups will deliver , they say you can just plug n play , I however know thats false , you still have to dosome tinkering with the program / flash it .
it was an airbag vin mismatch we were chasing on the old pcm , it all started with trans problems , solenoids , trans was rebuilt so .....if this pcm dosent do the trick its going right back to the bone head that built the trans , he didnt do a quick learn , and he thought it was a 4 speed , I can only imagine whats in that trans now , oh and the tow haul , he didnt know aboyut that , how could it be right , uhhhg ,, sounds like hes buying time with the pcm .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts