DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fairly new to the Hemi motor, and this is only my second dodge ram. I currently have a leak up by the manifold (i am a GM man and am used to the crappy studs that GM used and have heard Dodge did the same?)
anyhow i am not going to remove the manifolds and put them back on since im not a fan of how easly they can warp and never seal properly again. So i am looking to see what you all can reccomend for a good set of headers. I live in Northern MN so quality is key. I know there are plenty of companies that make them but i just want to be sure i get the best long lasting short tube headers i can for my money since the truck barely gets used (i have put 200 miles on it since Sept) but i cannot stand an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am aware that i can get new manifolds from Dodge as well, and have no desire to put the factory equipment back on. Also im not looking for any real power since i know that shorty headers only give a real world 1-3hp gain. Basically i just want something that will be easier to deal with,
Also what do you all reccomend for a good set of manifold/header studs? that wont break like the factory equipment has?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have Gibson headers and Stage 8 bolts. No issues here.

- Christopher

1 - 4 of 4 Posts