DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004, diesel 4X4 automatic 36,734 miles. Have never had any problems before. Last time I drove it no problems at all. Went to start it a few weeks later and won't start. Turned over but the original batteries seemed weak so I tried charging it up. Still turns over but no start. Replaced batteries, still no start. Also the fuel gauge quit working at the same time as this problem. I know it has at least half a tank of fuel. it will run if i spray starting fluid inti it until it is burnt up. I tried the Dodge "key dance" but no codes come up at all. The little circle for the shift indicator goes away after all the dings when I turn the key on. The lift pump is not running although I believe it did when this first started. I have 7.6 volts going to the lift pump with key in the on position. I purchased a code reader but when I connect it and try to reads codes it give a link error. I have checked all fuses and the cigarette lighter has power. There is also power to pin #16 on the plug for the code reader. Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Maybe it's time to take her to the dealer. A friend of mine changed fuel filters in his 01 Ram and pooched the VP44 fuel pump, got air in the pump and kaput. I've had good luck with my Diablo Predator tuner diagnosing trouble codes with my hemi, btw, fwiw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts