DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plate lights and park lights suddenly stopped working. I checked bulbs and fuses. I swapped the relay with the A/C relay and still nothing.With my test light I am showing power at the relay but not at the fuse. When I jumper the relay ,the park lights work. Is this a ground issue? Can I repair it or do I have to replace the IPM unit?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Welcome to the Z. Don't have the answer for your question, but I'm sure someone who does know will be along.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Have had it for a while now but I did the quick fix and jumped the relay and just hooked up a wire to my fogs and jammed the other end into the fuse box with an inline fuse in between into whichever number it was that powered the rear parking lights. They still seem to go out about once a winter from moisture and corrosion i'm guessing. I didn't make things 100% sealed.

I'm now sick of it and getting it fixed for good. I don't wanna be leaving the bar one day and get pulled over because of my taillights. They said i need a new IPM (Integrated Power Module) which would cost $720 with labor. Kinda bullshit since every other 2004-2005 Ram in the world has this problem (even though the service guy said he hadn't heard anything like that) and they didn't issue a damn recall. Sorry I'm venting on your post haha. Anyways, good luck if you haven't dealt with it yet. I'll move on to calling dodge and bitching at them now. :fca5278d:

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's what I thought. But they said IPM. any idea in the price difference? If I had the time I'd buy the damn thing and put it in myself. I guess the new one just comes with a splash sheild to "prevent further damage."

·
Registered
5 Posts
2004 ram Ipm!!!

hey, same problem here. My taillights, parking lights, and license plate lights went out. Checked everything from blubs to fuses to FCM, everything is good. After four mechanics(no money out the door), who can't figure it out. Went to dealer and they said fuse box, but 31 backordered. can't find them junkyards, or anywhere. Dodge should recall. Can't drive at night and can't find part, waiting on dealer to find me one. $500 plus labor. Don't care about money at this point, just want it fixed.:4-dontknow::smiledown:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone else reads this, I found that the circuit board in the IPM gets overheated and goes out after 150,000 miles ish. I found a number of people with this issue. My 2003 went out and I was told FCM too but took the circuit board out and it was burnt through in multiple areas. You can solder it together with new wire if you have those skills but otherwise look for a refurbished used one. Too old to buy new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts