DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed the instrument cluster on my 2004 Dodge Ram (Hemi) and now my keyless entry won't work. I am assuming that the keyelss entry is somehow programmed to the Cluster. Truck drives and runs good. Is it possible to re-program my keyless entry transmitter to the replacement cluster without a trip to the dealer. Also when I changed the cluster I now have the "SERV 4WD" light on even though my truck is a 2WD. I am guessing the used cluster came off a 4WD and maybe this feature needs to be disbaled on my cluster. Again is this something that can be done wihout a trip to the dealer to re-program.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
The cluster basically bonds to the truck it is installed in originally. This is why dealers will not usually install a used one in a vehicle. They order a replacement (you have to hand yours in as a core) then install it and transfer your mileage in. Also, you have officially committed a crime if you just threw a used cluster in since your mileage is now off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can have the keyless entry module reprogrammed at the dealer for about 50 bucks this should fix both your problems.

the module wont work because its not programmed to work with your current keys and the trucks computer so the dealership is your only problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts