DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new to dodge ownership and this forum, however i am active on other forums and plan to be active on here as well.

So I purchased my 04' 2wd ram and destroyed the open rear end being an idiot and towing far more weight then i should have been. Sheared off a pinion tooth and mangled the ring gear. Anyways, picked up a 2006 2wd lsd rear axle and didn't look it over thoroughly.

The issue is that my 2004 rear end has the speed sensor located on top of the pumpkin and the 2006 has them on the hubs. I believe this is for the trucks that had traction control, mine does not. What is the suggested fix for this?

if it helps these are the axle codes:
2004- 52069431ab
2006- 52114222aa

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going to try jumping from my harness to one or the other of the speed sensors on the hub. Will update with results tomorrow evening.

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
Let us know what you discover
I couldn't find anything online

You never mentioned if you had 2 wheel drive or 4WD
it seems to make a difference

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call updated original post it's a 2wd and the truck I pulled it from was a 2wd big horn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the 06' rear end put in today and jumped the harness to the drivers side sensor. No abs light and brake light on the dash but no speedo either. Without the jumper the abs light comes back on and the truck drives weird. It's drive-able for now until I come up with a solution. Will update with the fix when I find it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you come up with I have an 06 Durango ABS sensors on the wheel end and swapping rear ends to one that only has one ABS sensor on the pumpkin how did you wire it and did you ever get your Speedo back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts