DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i say warm because it was fine temp barely over the mid mark on the gauge and then 2 minutes later it was approaching the hot level and it stalled as i was about to turn into the bank and stopped for traffic. when traffic cleared i re started it and pulled into the parking spot and shut down.No steam escaping or boiling in the radiator. I checked the water level upon concluding my banking business and it was about 3 super sized drink glasses low(big gulp type). i was able to remove the radiator cap without being scalded nor any steam escaping. I tried to start the truck to cycle water but it would not crank. It came home on the hook. I have checked for fuel at the rail and get a good even stream with the ignition on. The engine sounds to have compression by the sound of the starter. No fuses are blown and im having issues trying to check for spark by myself due to no starter remote cord.

Anybody have this experience and if so what was the diagnosis and outcome. Any advise is greatly appreciated as i have recently been laid off and need to get this beast running to find a job. It has 115k miles and has been in the family and maintained since 12k miles.

Thanks
modem

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Ok, I presume that you didn't mean to say it wouldn't crank or did it start cranking after you got it home?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no crank

it would not crank at the bank and it still today will not crank. it will turn over but not start the engine........i have replaced the battery with a hot battery at the house so any codes stored that might keep it from starting should be cleared at this point. all fluids are full and battery is fully charged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts