DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how would you guys feel about a RIPP Supercharger kit for the 2005-2008 Hemi RAM 5.7... ? we think we can come up with a kit by mid year.

RIPPTECH

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd feel great if I could afford it. What tuner would you use?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can use my 07 as a guinea pig.. send me a kit for my 05 TJ too so i can make sure the jeep kits are working well.. u know.. just to make sure.. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll second this and will add I already have a tuner.
This is looking good - for mid year launch - 100+ hp conservative. We want to keep tranny's together and given the nature of the centrifugal we think we cvan do that.

The 07-2011 Jeep JK uses the same transmissions and we've had a huge success keeping the tran's together there. Considering we have over 1600 of those kits sold we believe we have a good understanding of the power control we need to keep things tight.

With the JK clients we tell them a supplemental trans cooler and temp gauge is a must when it comes to keeping an eye on things. Also the converters are a bit loose on then so tightening them up on the RAM may be a recommendation as well.

If this community is game we can start a Group by with a low price and start locking down kits...

Give us your thoughts.
RIPPTECH

·
Registered
12 2500 Cummins, 92 W150 5.2
227 Posts
Would it be theoretically possible to make it work on an 03?

Good to see a company doing big things and from NYC, keep it up guys!

·
Registered
896 Posts
How much we talkin on a kit like this? I would absolutely LOVE to put this on my '05, and I already have a Trinity for it so tuner is taken care of. I could possibly have a new TC and headers ready by then also.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah my mega cab could use a boost :-D
Awesome -

Would it be theoretically possible to make it work on an 03?

Good to see a company doing big things and from NYC, keep it up guys!
Don't know the kits designed for 05-08 - it would need to be evaluated.

How much we talkin on a kit like this? I would absolutely LOVE to put this on my '05, and I already have a Trinity for it so tuner is taken care of. I could possibly have a new TC and headers ready by then also.
We are projecting -/+ $5000.00 price range complete with Injectors, tuner, tune and intercooler. Details are working out in real time... so we are getting close the answer....and full details.

RIPPTECH

·
Registered
896 Posts
Any projected time of when we could possibly expect this? That pricing would probably have to wait up til next year to make a purchase but believe me if this kit comes round I will definitely want to be on the list of people who have one installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MadSoul That pricing would probably have to wait up til next year to make a purchase but believe me if this kit comes round I will definitely want to be on the list of people who have one installed.[/QUOTE said:
i deff. second this one...it'd be next year but i'd put myself on that list :LOL:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mds???

Will we still be able to use MDS with this setup? no big deal, but it would be nice. Would there be a need for any other mods for safe use of the supercharger kit? And would RIPP be interested in a test group or something for a lower price?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We haven't forgotten you guy's. We are in the middle of our full launch of our gen 4 system. We will soon be able to devote our full resources to the GEN 3 RAM.

RIPPTECH

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I second the motion! Pls don't forget about the 03 & 04 owners. Id be all over this for my 03!
All depends on the ecu and how it translates. 05-08 is a given, earlier ecu's .. hmmmm.

RIPP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts