DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...

I apologize for likely asking a question that has been answered a million times, but I've spent about 30 mins searching for an answer, without getting the right one.

ANYWAYS! I have an '05 Ram, 5.7. I just installed a Diablosport Predator which works awesome, just with the 87 Octane and Perf Trans tune.

But, I also purchased a K&N CAI, which I have yet to install because I have read mixed reviews. Some people on here talk about how good it looks, or how much they cost... but what I'd like to know, is does it actually create power? I bought into the whole K&N marketing on thier website of obtaining tons of HP... but is anyone seeing real gains?

I am learning now, that to really get this kind of HP you need to change cams/gears, etc. Any comments on guys are seeing from their CAI with a stock engine, with or without a tuner??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
You will gain some HP!
Most people can't stay off the throttle though because they want to hear/feel the power so their MPG suffers...just the feedback I get :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
K&n is good. Buddy has a 4x4 hemi vs mine and I pull on him but then he pulls on me... all I hear is his intake too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts