DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My abs and brake light have been on. It is a 05 1500 4x4 hemi. I went to autozone, they ran it and said it was rear abs sensor. Is there even one? I have already replaced the rear speed sensor.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My abs and brake light have been on. It is a 05 1500 4x4 hemi. I went to autozone, they ran it and said it was rear abs sensor. Is there even one? I have already replaced the rear speed sensor.
Thanks.
Also I should note that the speedometer jumps a little, like 2-3 mph, and the cruise also does the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the rearend has a sensor in the top of the housing, (it sends a signal for the spedo, and abs) remove the sensor and clean the metal off it, it acts like a magnet and picks up small metal and causes a bad reading, if it does it again you will need to change the oil to remove any floating metal, (be sure to remove the cover and clean the inside housing with a rag) it is normal to have small amounts of metal in the oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rearend has a sensor in the top of the housing, (it sends a signal for the spedo, and abs) remove the sensor and clean the metal off it, it acts like a magnet and picks up small metal and causes a bad reading, if it does it again you will need to change the oil to remove any floating metal, (be sure to remove the cover and clean the inside housing with a rag) it is normal to have small amounts of metal in the oil.
This is the sensor that I replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
pull it again and see if it has metal on it, if there is you need to clean the metal out of the rearend. also you may have to have the codes cleared, but I am not sure. I had the same problem and it would keep throwing the light on until I cleaned the rearend,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts