DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi. I had clunking noise in the front end awhile ago and found it I had a bad CV axle and Front stub drive shaft. Both of them were replaced - no problems after that. A few months down the road I start hearing noises again. Sounds like if you to take your hand and dust off your pants or something repeatedly. I looked under and the spline shaft that goes into the differential had play. I could move out about a inch and put it back in. I brought it back into the shop and they fixed it. Now a week later is happening again - no play in the shaft though. No noticeable noise when I turn right or left, only when I'm traveling straight. Any clue? maybe bearing in diff? :doh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is it the stub drive shaft or the CV axle that has been replaced every time? I have 04 5.7 AWD and the CV axles only last about 6 months in it. I have tried different brands and ones that claim to be HD, but it makes no difference. Its always the inner CV joints on both the left and right sides. On the plus side, it only takes me about 15 minutes to swap out a CV axle now...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts