DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my dodge some of you have asked for pictures of.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

2WD with a Traction lock rear end.

5.7L Hemi with 81,5XX miles.

Short ram intake with Ram-Air, Air-Dam, and water sleeve.

Cam and Valves out of the 6.1L Dodge motor

Cat-delete and a magna flow muffler but thats about to change.

Electric Fan.

Roll up bed cover (Tuxedo).

Bed liner.

Hella fog lights behind grill.

20" 5 spokes.

Heavy-Duty leaf spring removed to lower the truck.

35% on the front glass with a 5% brow and 5% on the door windows and back glass.

Smoked Tail lights.

few paint blemishes.

Needs some work, but she's got a lot of potential

!PHOTO TIME!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol you bet i am. i stomped her today and when the kickdown valve engaged i almost fully exstended the suspension lol. im talking ass down and front up. i could barely see the road because of how hard the front end lifted. i must say i was impressed as where my friends. lol. yeah im having a problems with the governer solenoid. ligth throotle shifts seem like its looking for a good gear. owell thats a pretty easy fix. im certified by ASUN in transmissions and i need some dodge experiance.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pix. I just never get tired of looking at a Ram...especially a Sport, and I haven't too many white ones, so this was a treat! It's always good to hear when a truck impresses someone, and the Hemi's seem to be pretty good at doing that.
Enjoy your truck and subsequent modding..:smileup:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Awesome truck man. I've always wanted to get a reg cab short bed 2WD with the Hemi and mod it up. It would def be a sleeper :box2:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That is a nice looking truck!!! especially nice to know that thing has the good kick in the pants too!! :smileup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a nice looking truck!!! especially nice to know that thing has the good kick in the pants too!! :smileup:
okay dude 325/60/20 all i can say is DAMN! lol. nice to have some meat under the frame. my old 72 chevy has some 12" rear tires which make the front 8" tires look like pizza cutters lol.

thanks for all the positive post guys. im loving the truck. Moral is up lol.
i love it, ladys are loving it, and all the 'loud' silverado's are fearing it lol.

all in all i think this is a good investment. im thinking about mopar heads and cam and a piggy-back programmer(im guessing super chips) in the future.

whats a good cam profile on these motors to keep a killer top with me still being able to cruise around at low RPM's

·
Registered
36 Posts
nice truck very clean reminds me of my brothers old 04' ram. What kind of hood is that it makes the truck look even more aggressive! and didn't the truck come with a white rear bumper?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Nice looking truck man! Thats a pretty good mod list as well! What are your future plans for the truck?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
sweet truck justin, can you briefly explain what the 6.1l cam/valves did for ya and what it $?
performancewise, a little bit better then stock, especially at the top end. one of the cam options is using the 6.1 cam with 6.1 valve springs (all exhaust) and 6.1 pushrods...very pcm friendly and low coast (partswise). There are so many other cam options out there if you want to be more aggressive.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
lol you bet i am. i stomped her today and when the kickdown valve engaged i almost fully exstended the suspension lol. im talking ass down and front up. i could barely see the road because of how hard the front end lifted. i must say i was impressed as where my friends. lol. yeah im having a problems with the governer solenoid. ligth throotle shifts seem like its looking for a good gear. owell thats a pretty easy fix. im certified by ASUN in transmissions and i need some dodge experiance.
good luck with this... these tranny's are pcm controlled and not much in order of user adjustability...you can add a shift kit but the pcm will learn it an feel like stock again...best bet is to either go with superchips as they have gotten the tranny control down (or torque management) or diablo in which case custom tuning can be done to control tranny functionality..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good luck with this... these tranny's are pcm controlled and not much in order of user adjustability...you can add a shift kit but the pcm will learn it an feel like stock again...best bet is to either go with superchips as they have gotten the tranny control down (or torque management) or diablo in which case custom tuning can be done to control tranny functionality..
Thanks for the advice man. yeah im dead set on the superchips. and yes i do want more power. ive been thinking about using an 8p.s.i supercharger, but im not so sure of the strength of the internals on the "new" hemi's. a little insight would be great. im not looking to make my 5.7 into some 800+++++ 392 or anything like that. but high 3's on the rear wheels and more so for bottom end would be a good goal. im wanting enough pull to beat most everything off the line. and am i the only one here that has to constantly whoop some tahoe ass? every day they choose to **** with me. and every time im smoke them. the one i raced today for about 12 miles was one hell of a driver. ofcourse i smoked him out of every apex but he could hand that big ass box in the turns. i give him that. but as always a stock 5.3l had to bow down to the mighty Hemi. i beat him whill maintaing my 15.8MPG rating lol. never even felt the floor board. that makes 7 tahoes ive been called out by since i got this truck three months ago..... not one of them as came close. lol best one so far was some dumb ass in a neon. riced out body and all. now i did get put down by a comaro SS but hell im not ashamed of that. i know the driver and he can rip through gears. also is silverado daily is a bad ass truck. 5.3 cammed and tuned, 4.10 gears, and a 150 shot just incase.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice looking truck man! Thats a pretty good mod list as well! What are your future plans for the truck?
decimate all. no matter the cost lol. but im currently working for low pay at oreilly auto parts so its a save up and play as i go. im working on getting a flashpaq

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sweet truck justin, can you briefly explain what the 6.1l cam/valves did for ya and what it $?
a little more ass but no true tuning needed. now it does get a little lame sometimes but once she's prgrammed i can clear that up. i love this truck. i got a flat the other day. lol. broke my damn heart. ive gotta run on plugs until i can get new tires. damn soft compound tires are great but mine are so bald their pathetic and i never burn em. (my alignment is fine. i check it every now and again when im at school. my tires are at a little higher psi right now. but im reffering to my soft compund street tires. thats why they are wearing out so fast.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts