DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been pouring over the internet looking for info. My fuel pump took a dump at 54,XXX miles. a couple weeks before threw a minor evap leak code and lean condition.

Anyway I pulled the tank and broke one of the little vent tubes that connect the fronto fo the tank to the back of the tank. I was fiddling with the piece on the back part of the tank and it just popped off. So I thought no big deal. Ill just replace em..... Well you cant. Have to get a new tank. WTF!! And also whats the deal with the rusty ring that holds the fuel pump in place. Could they have made that any more of a pain in the ass?

Well Scouring the internet I see varying prices for new 26 gallon tanks. ANyone have any experiences with real world go to the dealer prices? Id rather not go used and have problems in another 10k miles.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go check with the dealer myself, its one of three different part numbers depending on short or long bed. When you go to the dealer to check on price, take the vin # in with you.

55366067AE
52113613AE
52113613AD

lock ring part no:
55366299AA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It looks as if I can get the tank for under $400 shipped online. Im gonna call or go into a dealership to see what they can do. And make sure I get the right part number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well ended up paying $420 at the dealer for the 26 gal tank and flange. And also had to go back and order the fuel line I broke and the EGR line I broke. The $200 fuel pump change ended up being around $700.

AND DONT GET AN AIRTEX PUMP. GARBAGE. FUEL GUAGE READS WHATEVER IT WANTS.

Looked it up online and seems to be a common problem with these heaps. Shoulda paid the extra $70 or so and went OEM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts